400 N. Pepper Ave.
Colton, CA 92324
Wednesdays 7:30 - 2:00
5th Street @ S. Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Sundays 9:00 - 3:00
1011 Baldwin Park Blvd.
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
Fridays 8:30 - 1:30
Kaiser Permanente Downey
9333 E. Imperial Hwy
Downey, CA 90242
Thursdays 9:00 - 2:00
Kaiser Permanente Fontana
9961 Sierra Ave.
Fontana, CA 92335
Fridays 9:00 - 2:00
Kaiser Permanente Ontario
2295 S. Vineyard Ave.
Ontario, CA 91761
Wednesdays 8:30 - 1:30
13652 Cantera Street
Panorama City, CA 91402
Wednesdays 9:00 - 1:30
10800 Magnolia Ave.
Riverside, CA 92505
Fridays 9:00 - 2:00
5601 De Soto Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Thursdays 9:00 - 2:30
Marina del Rey
Via Marina @ Panay Way
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Saturdays 9:00 - 2:00
Old Pasadena Farmers' Market
Holly Street & Fair Oaks Blvd,
Pasadena, CA 91105
Sundays 9:00 - 2:00
Topanga Community Club
1440 N. Topanga Canyon Road
Topanga, CA 90290
Fridays 9:00 - 1:00
Farmers' Market Map
Shop at SFMA Markets
FARMERS' MARKET ASSN.
History & Major
Code of Ethics
to Sell at a Market
Board of Directors
Status Info &
Financials PDF Download
Manager Laura Avery teaches visiting school children about
fresh fruits and vegetables.
Farmers' Market Association
The Southland Farmers' Market Association seeks to preserve the many
values of certified farmers markets. At a Southland certified farmers
market, consumers can:
- Find fresh, high-quality, good-tasting and nutritious foods
- Choose from a wide variety of locally grown fruits and vegetables
- Develop a relationship with the growers of what they buy
- Support local agriculture
- Be assured that their food was grown under California health, labor
and environmental regulations
- Save money with lower prices for higher-quality foods
- Learn directly from growers about the source of their food
- Select from a greater variety of fruits and vegetables
- Often select from a greater variety of organic fruits and vegetables
- Frequently sample products before they buy
- Experience a sense of shared community
- Have a fun, pleasant shopping experience
- Become aware of the seasonality of produce
- Share their experience at the market with friends and neighbors.
Southland certified farmers markets provide a place where growers
- Sell what they grow directly to consumers
- Earn more than selling their products for wholesale
- Farm profitably at any scale
- Control the quality and distribution of their produce
- Have access to markets with few barriers
- Produce a greater variety of specialty products
- Enjoy meeting consumers
- Learn directly from consumer tastes and demands
- Have access to a forum to discuss their agricultural concerns.
Communities benefit from Southland certified farmers markets
benefit because they help provide:
- A sense of community in urban areas
- A focus for building community and social gatherings
- Consumer education about nutrition and health
- Support for outlying greenbelt areas that make urban areas pleasurable
- Revitalization of downtown areas
- Employment opportunities in rural areas
- Food security and federally subsidized programs for low-income residents
At a Southland Farmers' Market, you are assured that you
are purchasing quality produce from certified local growers
and producers. Southland Farmers' Market Association serves
member markets, local California farmers and consumers by
promoting and protecting the integrity of certified farmers'
markets in Southern California.
Photos by David Karp
© 2002 Southland Farmers Markets Association
All Rights Reserved.
Website design and development by